Standard & Custom Chimney Caps
Standard & Custom Chimney Caps
Chimney caps are made from a variety of materials. The most common are galvanized, stainless steel and copper. Stainless steel chimney caps and copper chimney caps will last much longer than those made of regular galvanized metal and normally carry an extended warranty. Spending a little extra for a good quality chimney cap will eliminate the danger of rust staining your chimney.
Why do I need a chimney cap?
- Keeps unwanted moisture from your chimney through rain and snow.
- Keeps leaves, sticks and other debris out of your chimney.
- Prevents birds, bats and other animals from entering your chimney.
- Spark arrestor. During a chimney fire or even a normal burn, a spark arrestor keeps fiery chunks inside and away from potential dangers! (Some states require this feature)
Simple chimney caps offer protection and safety for your home. You can choose a screened or screenless cap, depending on the application. Note that the some states require a screened cap as part of their fire code regulations.
Custom Chimney Caps from EverGuard
It is possible to have a custom chimney cap made just for your home! Every chimney has its own special needs and sometimes that means you need to have a custom cap made.
EverGuard is the only company that is able to create custom chimney caps with a turnaround time of one or two days. These chimney caps are made in the USA and the company has the knowledge and skills it takes to turn any problem into a beautiful solution fast. Chimney Cricket features EverGuard chimney caps because you just can't get the same quality and service anywhere else.
Available Chimney Caps:
- Round Chimney Caps
- Stainless steel replacement caps for factory-built fireplaces and chimneys
- Masonry Chimney Caps
- Multiple flue stainless steel chimney caps for masonry chimneys.
- Decorative Chimney Caps
- Used to prevent water from entering opening between the cap and flue pipe.
- Wind Beater
- Prevents wind from blowing down chimney.
- Solid Packed
- Chimney Liner Caps
Why Chimney Caps ?
- Chimney cap is one of the wisest investments you can make for protection of your most valued possession, your home. The old cliché "You can pay me now or you can pay me later" could never be more true. Most homeowners are not aware of the damage and danger involved without a chimney cap on the fireplace and furnace chimneys. Many cities have ordinances requiring chimney caps and for good reasons. Without a cap to prevent rain from entering the top of your chimney, there is no protection against acid rain.
- Acid rain will eat away at your mortar causing it to loosen or even crack. Besides being expensive to repair, cracks in your firewall could cause a fire to spread beyond the chimney. This also shortens the life of your damper, because it will cause it to rust out. Most damper replacements cost $300-$600 and requires the old casing to be ripped out.
- The chimney cap also prevents tree limbs, twigs and leaves from clogging your chimney. If your chimney becomes blocked it could cause fumes to be trapped and enter back into your home. Critters of all sorts, birds, squirrels, and raccoons love to use the chimney to raise their families. They also bring with them fleas and ticks that can infest your home.
- The cap will also stop dangerous sparks and cinders from escaping into the air. It helps to stop downdrafts by redirecting airflow away from the chimney.
- Chimney Cricket, Inc. installs the hutch chimney cap. It comes with a 5 year warranty. It is not available in your local hardware store, we buy it directly from the manufacturer. It is not an adjustable cap, (one size fits all). It is a custom cap designed to fit your chimney.
- Don't wait like most homeowners until you notice chimney damage, a rusty damper or a critter in your chimney. Save your valuable time, money and headaches with some preventive insurance.
- Ask Your Sweep to install a Chimney Cricket Chimney Cap TODAY!
- Adam Brammer